Short declaration of faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God, that the sixty-six books, as originally written, comprising the Old and New Testaments were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error; that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, true humanity, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
4. We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit who convinces of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement, who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates, comforts and abides in all who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the arch-enemy of God and man.
6. We believe that the first man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death for himself and for all his posterity.
7. We believe that none but those who exercise repentance from sin and faith in the lord Jesus Christ shall be saved, and that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a vicarious expiatory and propitiatory death; that justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely perfected in the image of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the just and unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgement and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
9. We believe that an ideal Church is a company of believers who have been baptised, called out from the world, separated unto the Lord Jesus, voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith and the observance of the ordinances. We believe it is an autonomous body in a particular locality, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts and privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Head of the Church. We believe that its officers are Pastors (Elders) and Deacons.
10. We believe that there are two ordinances for the Church regularly observed in the following order:
- Baptism, which is the immersion of the believer in water, whereby he obeys Christ`s command and sets forth the washing away of sins and his identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
- The Lord`s Supper, which is the memorial wherein the believer partakes of the two elements, bread and wine which symbolise the Lord`s body and shed blood proclaiming His death until He comes again.